Do You Have a Video Marketing Strategy
Without the proper planning, You might just find yourself fighting an uphill battle! So here are some tips for you.
Start with defining your goal
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What are your goals for your video?
- To entertain?
- To demonstrate something?
- To inform?
- To motivate & inspire?
- To persuade?
- To increase conversions?
Do you know who your audience is?
What kind of video will you use?
- Talking head?
What is your call to action?
- Get more visitors to your website?
- Have them make a purchase?
Do you have a Youtube Channel?
- If not, get one.
- Do you know that Youtube pays attention to the title of your video file?
- Make sure it is keyword rich. Speaking of keywords, Are you doing due diligence with yours?
- Use Google Keyword Suggestion Tool.
Video Content Marketing
You can have the best video out there but if no one sees it or the right people don’t see it, it doesn’t matter, right? So what CAN you do to make sure your video is viewed by the right audience? Video SEO.
Search engines can’t read images so when you upload a video to a site like Youtube without optimizing it with things like keywords, transcripts, etc., you are seriously limiting the amount of exposure your video will get and lessening the chances of your target market seeing your video.
Facts and Quotes:
- YouTube alone reports well over 2 billion views a day – nearly double the prime-time audience of all 3 major US broadcast networks combined. Add to this the fact that people prefer to watch than read and that Google loves video, and you have a pretty strong argument for video marketing.
- Google rewards sites with video content.
- Videos show up on Google’s organic search results before plain text and images
- “The Internet Video Commercial is the next generation of online advertising.” — John Vail, Director of Marketing, Pepsi-Cola N. America
- “Consumers’ interest in watching video is growing exponentially, as is the number of screens and devices they use to access video content“. eMarketing Inc, Feb 2011
- A quality video is an impressive way to describe your product or service and is more effective in appealing to the public than other forms of advertising.
- Video is memorable, convincing, affordable and structured to get specific action.
- Engaging and valuable video can differentiate you from your competitors
- Google Universal Search Engine blends text, images and video on first page results.
- Almost half of Google’s search results include video.
Video SEO is A New Marketing Opportunity
Approximately 90% of businesses currently aren’t using videos on their websites and in their marketing Of those that do, only a small amount of the video content incorporates VSEO. This means that if you ARE using video in your business and if you DO use Video SEO, you are pushing your rankings up really high in the search engines, getting your message in front of the right target, and increasing your sales.
What is Video SEO?
Your video + SEO is Video SEO. This means you are applying the same basic SEO principles to your video that you do to your website and more. They include:
- Video optimization for keywords
- Video annotations
- Transcript upload
- Video distribution to video sites
- Social bookmarking submissions
- Quality backlinks to video
- Video upload to Google places
- And more…
Do it Yourself or Outsource
You can get the highest return on your online advertising and spend less time by outsourcing your video SEO.
Become a Video Rockstar With VSEO!