How Can Small Businesses Increase Their Online Exposure?
The Internet is a HUGE place and the competition in most markets is fierce! So what can YOU do to get more customers, get more customers to buy more often, get more customers to make larger purchases, and grow your business?
Capture the Contact Information of People Coming to Your Website
You absolutely MUST know who is visiting your web site! If you don’t, you might very well be leaving money on the table. I was having a conversation today with a woman who is not using her website to make money, but instead to help people who have a need. The concept is the same. How can she know who has come to her website, who needs help, and how to follow-up with them if she is not capturing the contact information of those who DO visit her website?
Get Your Website Visitor’s Footprint – Why?
- You will now know who visits your website
- You NEED their PERMISSION to send VALUABLE emails to their inbox
- You can and should follow-up with relevant, helpful, compelling content via auto-responder emails
- You can and should develop and nurture the “relationship” with your website visitors
- You now have the ability to continue to provide information they need or want
- Gives them the opportunity to get to “know” you so they learn to like and trust you
- Keeps the relationship moving forward and when your product or service meets the needs of your potential clients, they will already know, like and trust you, and then they will buy from you
You Have Their Attention – Now What?
Now is your opportunity to connect with and establish a relationship with your website visitors and potential customers/clients. Once they opt in to your list, they have given you permission to send them emails and/or newsletters, do your best to provide VALUABLE information to your list. Don’t jump right in and start trying to make a sale. That is not how the process works. Instead, focus on providing information, tips, trick, and other information that they will find useful, that they need, or that they can relate to. Let then get to “know” you, like you and trust you. Be genuine, be yourself, and start establishing yourself as your industry-expert with your potential target market. Even if they aren’t ready to make a purchase immediately, when the time does arrive that they “need” or want your company offerings, they will remember that you provide solution(s) for their needs and will more than likely make a purchase when they are ready.